Apple recently released iOS 12 and with it Shortcuts, an app that let’s you automate a bunch of stuff on your iOS devices. I didn’t find any useful way of automating anything, so I built a game. A text adventure, to be precise. It’s short and kind of stupid but… it’s free?!
- Space pirates: Where are they coming from? What do they want?
- Several different endings: Will you find them all? Will you survive?
- An intelligent AI: Is it going to help you or will the AI overlords be part of your demise?
- Space: There’s a lot of it.
- Action and adventure: There’s a lot of this as well. Trust me, your Apple Watch heart sensor won’t stop beeping.
- An explosion: Only one though, the production budget didn’t allow for more.
- A gender neutral protagonist. Doesn’t matter who you are, you’ll feel as if this adventure is happening to you.
Play it yourself:
To play SPACE ALERT, download Shortcuts from the App Store (it’s free) and then open this link on your iOS device: