The Paperwhite contains no surprises, is pretty boring and yet the best Kindle ever.
I don’t know if anyone expects a full-fledged review from me and I don’t really care. This isn’t one. Deal with it. Here are some bullet points:
- It feels more responsive than the Kindle 4.
- The resolution is visibly better.
- The light is a great addition it’s more blue than white, though.
- The device is a bit thicker and heavier than it’s predecessor.
- I’m kind of surprised about the touch screen. It works really well, especially when you use the onscreen keyboard to write a short note on a highlight.
- I miss the hardware buttons of the Kindle 4. Yeah, swiping and tapping is nice but it happens all the time that I accidentally :f1 turn :f2 the page.
- I’m a big fan of the “x mins left in chapter” feature you see in the bottom left corner.
- One of the best things is the cover view in the main menu. I use my Kindle only for books, so this view is my new bookcase.